Thursday, November 6, 2008

NFL Week 10 Predictions

Short and sweet this week, just one line about each game. Remember, all picks are based on who I think will win and don't take the spread into consideration.

Record Last Week:
9-5, .643
Overall Record: 81-50, .618

Byes: Bengals, Cowboys, Bucs, Redskins

Thursday Night Game:

Broncos (4-4) @ Browns (3-5) This is a game with no defense so make sure you get all your fantasy guys in the line-up, even with newly appointed starter Brady Quinn running the Browns offense. My pick: I have no faith in Quinn, so I'm going with the Broncos

Sunday Day Games:

Saints (4-4) @ Falcons (5-3) There are some great divisional match-ups this week, and this is one of them. My pick: Drew Brees will show the rookie how it's done and lead the Saints to the win

Titans (8-0) @ Bears (5-3) I don't see how anyone could pick the Bears with Sexy Rexy going against the vaunted Titans defense. My pick: Titans

Jaguars (3-5) @ Lions (0-8) The Jaguars let the Bengals off the winless hook last week, but I don't see them doing that again with the Lions. My pick: Jaguars

Seahawks (2-6) @ Dolphins (4-4) What a difference a year makes: the Dolphins could be making a run at the playoffs. My pick: Dolphins

Packers (4-4) @ Vikings (4-4) Another great divisional match-up, I don't particularly like either team in this one, so I'll go with the home team. My pick: Vikings

Bills (5-3) @ Patriots (5-3) This one is to stay in a tie with the Jets for first place (see next game). My pick: I can't believe the Patriots, even without Tom Terrific, still have a great shot at winning the AFC East

Rams (2-6) @ Jets (5-3) After a two week hiatus, the real Rams are back. My pick: Jets

Ravens (5-3) @ Texans (3-5) Joe Flacco might be the best quarterback the Ravens have ever had since they moved to Baltimore. My pick: Ravens in a low-scoring game

Panthers (6-2) @ Raiders (2-6) The Raiders have the worst offense in the NFL and have gotten much, much worse since Lane Kiffin was fired. My pick: Panthers

Colts (4-4) @ Steelers (6-2) Pittsburgh may be without Big Ben in this one but I think the resurgent Colts win this one no matter who lines up under center for the Steelers. My pick: Colts

Chiefs (1-7) @ Chargers (3-5) The Chargers are lucky they are in the lousy AFC West because they are still a good bet to make the playoffs. My pick: Chargers

Sunday Night Game:

Giants (7-1) @ Eagles (5-3) Whether I go with my heart or my gut on this one, I think it's the Eagles turn to make a statement to the rest of the league. My pick: The Eagles will win in a close, low-scoring affair on a David Akers field goal in the final minute

Monday Night Game:

Niners (2-6) @ Cardinals (5-3) The Niners are terrible, but at least they are the best team in the Bay Area! My pick: Cardinals in a blowout

So those are my picks for Week Ten. If you agree or disagree or have picks of your own, feel free to leave comments!

No comments: