Sunday, November 23, 2008

Eagles/Ravens Inactives: Westbrook to play, new starters

The Eagles and Ravens have announced their inactives for today's game:

Eagles: G Shawn Andrews, RB Lorenzo Booker, FB Kyle Eckel, QB A.J. Feeley, LB Joe Mays, G Mike McGlynn, TE Matt Schobel, DE Bryan Smith

Ravens: QB Todd Bouman, WR Terrance Copper, DT Oniel Cousins, DT Lamar Divens, TE Edgar Jones, WR Marcus Maxwell, DT Brandon McKinney, CB Evan Oglesby

Brian Westbrook is active and playing, although we'll see how effective he will be.

The story this week isn't who is inactive for the Eagles, since it's the same group as last week, but rather who the starters will be. From what I am hearing, L.J. Smith has been demoted to second string in favor of Brent Celek and Omar Gathier has been benched for Akeem Jordan. I am also hearing rumors that Hank Baskett will be starting ahead of Reggie Brown. All of those moves make sense to me, might as well bench the ineffective players and give some of these young guys a chance.

There are no surprises in the Ravens inactive list, although I can't say I've heard of any of them.

I picked the Eagles to win this week, but I'm not confident. The Ravens are a better team than the Bengals but the Eagles have a tendency to play up or down to their opponents. Either way, we are guaranteed a close game.

No comments: