Saturday, December 4, 2010

How they were built: Flyers

Since I haven't been able to find this information all in one place before, I whipped up this chart showing the Flyers current roster, their contracts and how they were acquired by the team. I will update it from time to time as the Flyers make moves and create a direct link to it on the right side of the ATPS homepage.

The chart contains every Flyer who is under an NHL contract for the upcoming season.

Players with a NMC listed after their contract end date have a no-movement clause, which means the player can't be traded, waived or sent to the minors without consent. Players with a NTC listed after their contract end date have a no-trade clause, which means the player can't be traded without consent. Mike Richards will have a NTC kick in after the 2011/12 season.

Flyers acquired via:
Draft: 7
Free Agency: 9
Trade: 9
Waivers: 1

Notes:
All salaries are dollars against the cap, and are found at CapGeek.

Analysis:
It is interesting that the Flyers have acquired their forwards mostly through the draft and free agency, their defense mostly through trades and their goalies mostly through free agency. It really shows you how they utilize all possible ways of building a team, and it also shows their failings in developing NHL-ready defensemen and goalies in their farm system. Seriously, how many ex-Lightning defenseman do the Flyers need?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your info,
but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding
more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this
information for my mission.

my blog post :: Inverter Fuji

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really
found you by accident, while I was looking on Askjeeve for something else,
Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for
a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb job.


my page - Oriental Massage London - Www.Please-Check.In -

Anonymous said...

vapor cigarette, ecig forum, e cig, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes