Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday Night Football is back: NFL Week 10 Predictions

Thursday Night football is here! While it seems to start earlier and earlier every year, Thursday Night NFL games are always a welcome sight, especially when it's a game like Atlanta vs. Baltimore. Let's get right to the Week 10 picks. Remember, picks this year are made against the spread and I'll be using the spread values that ESPN uses in their Pigskin Pick'em game. I finally made it over .500 for the season!

Record Last Week: 8-5, .615
Overall Record: 66-64, .508

Byes:
Chargers, Packers, Raiders, Saints

Thursday Night Game:

Ravens (6-2) @ Falcons (6-2, -1.5)
What we have here is a possible Super Bowl preview. These two teams are pretty similar, as each has a solid young quarterback, a stud running back and an above average defense. With how they played against the Eagles still fresh in my mind, I can't put the Falcons quite at the level of the Ravens. My pick: Ravens

Sunday Day Games:

Lions (2-6) @ Bills (0-8, -2.5)
It's your time, Bills! Okay, so I said the same thing last week, but with the Lions hurting at quarterback, the Bills have to finally win one, right? My pick: Bills

Vikings (3-5) @ Bears (5-3, +1.5)
Things are a mess in Minnesota but the Bears, despite their record, are just not a good football team. It wouldn't surprise me if Chicago finished with just 6 or 7 wins this year. My pick: Vikings

Jets (6-2) @ Browns (3-5, +3.5)
Do I dare pick against the Browns again? After whipping the Saints and the Patriots, you would have to be a fool to think the Browns would have any problem against the Jets. Then again, this is still the Browns we're talking about and they don't have two weeks to prepare this time. My pick: Jets

Bengals (2-6) @ Colts (5-3, -7.5)
Peyton Manning doesn't lose two games in a row and the Bengals are coming off a short week. Next. My pick: Colts

Titans (5-3) @ Dolphins (4-4, +0.5)
This was a tough game to pick until the Dolphins made their quarterback change from one Chad to another. Look for the Titans to get Randy Moss involved early which will open things up for Chris Johnson to run wild. My pick: Titans

Panthers (1-7) @ Bucs (5-3, -7.5)
Okay, so the Bucs aren't the best team in the NFC but the Panthers certainly are the worst. What a mess in Carolina, all that's left to watch now is how many quarterbacks they are going to go through. My pick: Bucs

Texans (4-4) @ Jaguars (4-4, -1.5)
Both of these teams could really use a win to keep their playoff hopes alive. While Matt Schaub hasn't exactly been playing great lately, I think he will do just enough to lead his team to a win. Of course, the Houston defense is going to have to make some stops, too, something they have failed to do all season long. My pick: Texans

Chiefs (5-3) @ Broncos (2-6, +0.5)
I'm really surprised that this line isn't higher. I know they are at home but have people not been watching the Broncos the last few weeks? My pick: Chiefs

Cowboys (1-7) @ Giants (6-2, -13.5)
With the way the Giants are clicking and the way the Cowboys have given up, this one should get ugly. My pick: Giants

Seahawks (4-4) @ Cardinals (3-5, -3.5)
This could be the toughest game to pick this week. On one side, you have a Cardinals team that has lost three straight; on the other, a Seahawks team that just got annihilated by the Raiders and Giants in back to back weeks. Since they basically did everything but beat the Vikings last week, I'll lean towards Arizona. My pick: Cardinals

Rams (4-4) @ Niners (2-6, -5.5)
I like the Niners to continue their uphill climb and win this game but not by anything more than a field goal. My pick: Rams

Sunday Night Game:

Patriots (6-2) @ Steelers (6-2, -4.5)
This one is easily the game of the week and could go either way. Since the Patriots offense looks broken without a deep threat like Randy Moss, you have to think the Steelers defense is going to keep Tom Brady off the board just enough to win. My pick: Steelers

Monday Night Game:

Eagles (5-3) @ Redskins (4-4, +3.5)
The NFL went three for three this week in their primetime games. Even though you may think I'm a homer, I don't see how anyone could pick against the Eagles given the way their offense is clicking and the ugly situation happening in Washington. Sure, the Redskins beat the Eagles back in Week 4, but if Michael Vick had played that entire game the outcome surely would have been very different. My pick: Eagles

Those are my picks for Week 10 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

No comments: