Thursday, October 30, 2008

NFL Week 9 Predictions

With Week 9 approaching, I can't believe we are already at the halfway point of this NFL season. I'm too busy celebrating the Phillies championship win to go too in-depth on the games this week, so I'll be shorting things up with just one line about each game. All picks are made strictly based on who I think will win and do not take the spread into consideration.

Record Last Week: 8-6, .571
Overall Record: 72-45, .615

Byes: Saints, Chargers, Niners, Panthers

Sunday Day Games:

Jets (4-3) @ Bills (5-2) The AFC East race is going to be interesting down the stretch with all four teams in the mix. My pick: Bills get back on track

Lions (0-7) @ Bears (4-3) Easy pick, the Bears will keep the Lions winless. My pick: Bears

Jaguars (3-4) @ Bengals (0-8) Even with an awful quarterback, the Bengals will win a game eventually, just not this week. My pick: Jaguars as they fight their way into playoff contention

Ravens (4-3) @ Browns (3-4) Definitely didn't see the Browns winning last week, they might slowly becoming a decent team. My pick: Browns at home

Packers (4-3) @ Titans (7-0) The Titans won't go undefeated this season, but they'll take this one at home against the Packers. My pick: Titans

Cardinals (4-3) @ Rams (2-5) If the Rams find a way to win this game, they could be a contender in the weak NFC West. My pick: Cardinals put the Rams in their place

Texans (3-4) @ Vikings (3-4) All of the sudden, the Texans look like a pretty good team. My pick: Unfortunately for Houston, I think Adrian Peterson breaks out in this game and the Vikings win

Bucs (5-3) @ Chiefs (1-6) The Chiefs are lucky the Lions and Bengals are so bad otherwise their crappiness would be getting more attention. My pick: Bucs

Dolphins (3-4) @ Broncos (4-3) There's no defense in Denver which will keep the Dolphins in this game. My pick: The Broncos will win in a high-scoring game

Falcons (4-3) @ Raiders (2-5) The Falcons impressed me last week agains the Eagles and they should have no trouble with the Raiders. My pick: Falcons

Cowboys (5-3) @ Giants (6-1) This is a big NFC East showdown that could make things really tighten up in the division. My pick: No Romo means Giants will take this one

Eagles (4-3) @ Seahawks (2-5) The Eagles have fought their way back into the NFC East race and this game should be their 3rd straight win. My pick: No Hasselbeck means an easy Eagles win

Sunday Night Game:

Patriots (5-2) @ Colts (3-4) This match-up has lost much of it's luster, what with Brady out and Manning being off his game this year. My pick: Gotta go with the Colts at home, I still believe the Colts offense has to play better eventually

Monday Night Game:

Steelers (5-2) @ Redskins (6-2) This is clearly the best game of the week. My pick: The Redskins defense should be able to get to Roethlisberger and that will help Washingon win a close game

So those are my picks for Week Nine. If you agree or disagree or have picks of your own, feel free to leave comments!

No comments: