Thursday, December 10, 2009

NFL Week 14 Predictions

Here are my picks for Week 14 of the NFL season. Remember, all picks are made strictly based on who I think will win and do not take the spread into consideration.

Record Last Week: 10-6, .625
Overall Record: 132-60, .688

Thursday Night Game:

Steelers (6-6) @ Browns (1-11) Oh, how the mighty have fallen in Pittsburgh. Still, there is no way the Steelers can lose this game to the Browns. Which is exactly what I said last week when the Steelers played Oakland. Luckily for Pittsburgh, the Browns are the worst team in the NFL. My pick: Steelers

Sunday Day Games:

Saints (12-0) @ Falcons (6-6) The Saints march (see what I did there?) to 16-0 continues as they beat up on a banged up Falcons team. My pick: Saints

Packers (8-4) @ Bears (5-7) What was I thinking picking against the Packers last week? Is it because I wanted the Eagles to further solidify their playoff position? No matter, I won't be so foolish this week. My pick: Packers

Broncos (8-4) @ Colts (12-0) We all know the history, the Colts OWN the Broncos. The Colts gallop (see what I did there?) to 16-0 continues. My pick: Colts

Bills (4-8) @ Chiefs (3-9) Do I really have to pick this? Um, I'll go with the home team. My pick: Chiefs

Jets (6-6) @ Bucs (1-11) The Jets aren't playing great football right now but they should do just enough to knock off the Bucs. My pick: Jets

Dolphins (6-6) @ Jaguars (7-5) Call me a hater but I just don't believe in the Jaguars. How are they winning all of these games? I like Miami here as they make their late season AFC East division push. My pick: Dolphins

Lions (2-10) @ Ravens (6-6) I've trusted the Ravens a little too much this season. I guess I was wrong in thinking that Joe Flacco was going to take a big step forward this year. They will still knock off Detroit, though. My pick: Ravens

Seahawks (5-7) @ Texans (5-7) The Texans always make their late-season playoff push after they have basically been eliminated. I would say losing Steve Slaton really hurts their running game but I'm not sure they really ever had one this season. My pick: Texans

Bengals (9-3) @ Vikings (10-2) The Bengals always get up for the good teams so I expect this to be a close one. For the sake of the Vikings and their Super Bowl chances I hope the Brett Favre of last week was just an aberration and not a downward trend. My pick: Vikings

Panthers (5-7) @ Patriots (7-5) How about those Patriots and their inability to bounce back? It used to be that when the Pats lost a game they would come back with a vengeance in the following week. Not so much anymore with that bad defense. I still like them to beat Carolina but not by as wide a margin as they should. My pick: Patriots

Rams (1-11) @ Titans (5-7) 9-7 isn't going to get you into the AFC Playoffs so that Titans late-season push is over already. If only they hadn't started so terribly... My pick: Titans

Redskins (3-9) @ Raiders (4-8) I guess the Raiders actually do have some talent! Knocking off both teams in the state of Pennsylvania in one season is no small feat. That Bruce Gradkowski actually looks competent should be the final nail in JaMarcus Russell's career. My pick: Raiders

Chargers (9-3) @ Cowboys (8-4) I may be picking more with my heart than my brain in this one but San Diego is revving up for their yearly late-season surge while the Cowboys are revving down for their yearly late-season collapse. If Dallas couldn't get it done against the Giants what chance do they have here? My pick: Chargers

Sunday Night Game:

Eagles (8-4) @ Giants (7-5) If the Birds win, they can cement themselves as the team to beat in the NFC East. If the Giants win, things get very murky. With DeSean Jackson returning for the Eagles, the Birds are starting to get healthy at the right time. In picking this game, one only needs to check the calendar and notice that it's December. Yep, it's time for Eli Manning to suck even more than he already has this year. My pick: Eagles

Monday Night Game:

Cardinals (8-4) @ Niners (5-7) The Cardinals win over the Vikings last week pushes them into the conversation for the best in the NFC. Of course, they could just as easily lose against the Niners and fall back to the pack. My pick: Cardinals

Those are my picks for Week 14 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

No comments: