Thursday, December 3, 2009

NFL Week 13 Predictions

Here are my picks for Week 13 of the NFL season. Remember, all picks are made strictly based on who I think will win and do not take the spread into consideration.

Record Last Week: 10-6, .625
Overall Record: 122-54, .693

Thursday Night Game:

Jets (5-6) @ Bills (4-7) Has there ever been a good Thursday night game? At least this one will be close as neither team is very good. My pick: Jets

Sunday Day Games:

Eagles (7-4) @ Falcons (6-5) No DeSean Jackson this week for the Eagles means we are going to get a healthy dose of Jeremy Maclin and Jason Avant. Basically, that means there won't be a drop-off. As for the Falcons, they are going to have to figure out how to score against the Eagles without Matt Ryan and likely without Michael Turner. Good luck with that. Knowing the Eagles, this game will be close, but the right Birds will win in the end. My pick: Eagles

Rams (1-10) @ Bears (4-7) Wow, is this Bears team terrible. It's sad how much better Kyle Orton is than Jay Cutler. Every week I keep thinking the Rams will have a shot at winning their second game but every week I just can't bring myself to pick them. My pick: Bears

Lions (2-9) @ Bengals (8-3) The Bengals are closing in on a first round bye in the playoffs. Bet you never thought you would see that in your lifetime. My pick: Bengals

Titans (5-6) @ Colts (11-0) The run ends here, Tennessee. While I do expect them to run all over the Colts, I can't see the perfect season ending at home for the Colts against a team they are clearly better than. My pick: Colts

Broncos (7-4) @ Chiefs (3-8) Remember when teams used to fear playing at Arrowhead? Yeah, not so much anymore. Have the Broncos risen from the dead or where the Giants already a bunch of zombies last week? My pick: Broncos

Saints (11-0) @ Redskins (3-8) And the march to 19-0 continues. Not even Washington's underrated defense can slow down Drew Brees. My pick: Saints

Bucs (1-10) @ Panthers (4-7) The Bucs aren't playing bad football but they simply keep playing teams that are way more talented than they are. Yes, that even includes the quarterback-less Panthers. My pick: Panthers

Texans (5-6) @ Jaguars (6-5) You really have to feel for the Texans, they just can't get over the hump. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt this week because I just don't believe in the Jags. My pick: Texans

Raiders (3-8) @ Steelers (6-5) It doesn't matter if Big Ben plays. He might as well not. My pick: Steelers

Patriots (7-4) @ Dolphins (5-6) Can you say bounce-back game? While the Pats traditionally play poorly against the Dolphins, I really can't see them losing 3 games in a row. By the way, Dolphins, next time you are at the goal line just have Ricky Williams run it in instead of having him try a lame pass. That advice comes to you at no charge. My pick: Patriots

Chargers (8-3) @ Browns (1-10) I've got nothing nice to say about the Browns so I will say nothing here. My pick: Chargers

Niners (5-6) @ Seahawks (4-7) You can actually begin to see how the Niners are going to win some games in the future. They have a solid defense and they are actually starting to put together a good passing game. My pick: Niners

Cowboys (8-3) @ Giants (6-5) Call it a hunch. Call it wishful thinking. Whatever you want to call it, I think the Cowboys begin their late season swoon in New York this week. Dallas really isn't that good, anyway. My pick: Giants

Sunday Night Game:

Vikings (10-1) @ Cardinals (7-4) This was an excellent choice for the Sunday night game, unfortunately I haven't seen anything from the Cardinals that leads me to believe they won't get rolled in this game. My pick: Vikings

Monday Night Game:

Ravens (6-5) @ Packers (7-4) This game will go a long way to determining just how good each of these teams is. The Packers seemed to have turned a corner offensively and defensively and the Ravens pulled out a nice win against the Steelers last week. While it may seem crazy because the game is at Lambeau, I like the Ravens to keep their playoff hopes alive. My pick: Ravens

Those are my picks for Week 13 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

2 comments:

jnuzzi08 said...

I'd put the Titans over the Colts. Vince Young wins games, simply put, and the Colts haven't played their best lately.

allthingsphilly said...

It was tempting to pick the Titans to keep rolling. I just think the magic has to end eventually. It's going to be a tall order for them to knock off an undefeated team on the road.