Thursday, November 19, 2009

NFL Week 11 Predictions

Week 11 is here! With all of the byes out of the way we can finally get a clearer picture of how the playoffs might look. It's already very obvious which teams have eliminated themselves and which have set themselves up for a top seed.

Here are my picks for Week 11 of the NFL season. Remember, all picks are made strictly based on who I think will win and do not take the spread into consideration.

Record Last Week: 9-6, .600
Overall Record: 100-44, .694

Thursday Night Game:

Dolphins (4-5) @ Panthers (4-5)
No Ronnie Brown for the rest of the season should slow the Dolphins Wildcat attack but I would have gone with the Panthers either way in this one. Don't be surprised when Carolina pushes their way into the NFC playoff picture. My pick: Panthers

Sunday Day Games:

Browns (1-8) @ Lions (1-8) Wow, what a game! I can't wait to watch this one. The Lions are bad but the Browns are terrible. My pick: Lions

Niners (4-5) @ Packers (5-4) The Packers really surprised me with how well they played against the Cowboys, Aaron Rodgers was given just enough time to make a few plays when he needed to and the defense played over their heads. Green Bay isn't out of playoff contention just yet. My pick: Packers

Steelers (6-3) @ Chiefs (2-7) No Dwayne Bowe means whatever slim chance the Chiefs had at pulling out an upset is gone. My pick: Steelers

Redskins (3-6) @ Cowboys (6-3) Great win by the Redskins last week, I don't think anyone saw them knocking off the Broncos. That may say more about how far Denver has fallen than the fact that Washington is improving. My pick: Cowboys

Falcons (5-4) @ Giants (5-4) When we last saw the Giants, the were doing their usual December slide a little early. With Michael Turner on the mend, look for the Giants to bounce back. My pick: Giants

Saints (9-0) @ Bucs (1-8) Good luck, Tampa Bay. Actually, this one might follow the trend of the Saints recent games and be closer than you might think. My pick: Saints

Bills (3-6) @ Jaguars (5-4) Look out, here come the Jaguars with a playoff push. After they win this one, they will be the most mediocre 6-4 team in recent memory. My pick: Jaguars

Colts (9-0) @ Ravens (5-4) I'm tempted to go with the Ravens in an upset but I haven't seen anything in the Baltimore offense that shows me they can exploit the Colts weak secondary and actually put up enough points to compete in this game. My pick: Colts

Seahawks (3-6) @ Vikings (8-1) Thanks for playing in 2009, Seattle! Good luck next year. My pick: Vikings

Cardinals (6-3) @ Rams (1-8) The Rams are due to knock someone off, especially a team that can't contain Steven Jackson. Just not this week. My pick: Cardinals

Chargers (6-3) @ Broncos (6-3) Now this is a good game. I have to go with the trend of the last few years, the Chargers always overtake the Broncos at some point in the season. That time is now. My pick: Chargers

Bengals (7-2) @ Raiders (2-7) Cedric Benson or no Cedric Benson, the Bengals roll in this one. Poor Raiders and their poor quarterbacking problems. My pick: Bengals

Jets (4-5) @ Patriots (6-3) Feel bad for the Jets, feel very, very bad. The Patriots are out for revenge after their loss to the Colts and they already want to get back at the Jets for losing earlier in the year. The Pats win this one BIG. My pick: Patriots

Sunday Night Game:

Eagles (5-4) @ Bears (4-5) Quintin Mikell said that this game is the Eagles Super Bowl. Um, I guess they don't plan on getting to the real one? Even the most optimistic Eagles fan has to realize that the Super Bowl is a longshot at best. As for this Bears game I actually think the Eagles will win it by a wide margin. Even though the Eagles always play poorly in Sunday Night games, I just don't see Jay Cutler completing enough passes to his own teammates to beat Philly. My pick: Eagles

Monday Night Game:

Titans (3-6) @ Texans (5-4) The temptation is to go with the Titans to continue their rebound but if the Texans have any playoff aspirations they need to win games like this. My pick: Texans

Those are my picks for Week 11 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

1 comment:

LDUTheCoach said...

I love the insight and analysis you provide for each game... after I post mine, I like to swing over to your predictions and see how close we are.. only difference is i predict against the spread, you predict straight up!!

But we are generally so close with our predictions that we both clearly know our football!! Keep up the great work.. I enjoy what you provide!!

if you wanna take a look at TheCoachs Picks.. find them @
http://www.lionsdenu.com/category/sports/nfl-guide-2009-2010/