Thursday, November 12, 2009

NFL Week 10 Predictions

What a slate of games we have on tap for this weekend! Not only do we have some huge divisional showdowns, we also have our first Thursday Night game of the season! Things are starting to heat up in the NFL as we enter the stretch run and the games start getting a little better.

Here are my picks for Week 10 of the NFL season. Remember, all picks are made strictly based on who I think will win and do not take the spread into consideration.

Record Last Week: 9-4, .692
Overall Record: 91-39, .700

Byes: Giants, Texans

Thursday Night Game:

Bears (4-4) @ Niners (3-5) The loser of this game is basically out of the playoff hunt. Sorry Niners, the jig is up. My pick: Bears

Sunday Day Games:

Saints (8-0) @ Rams (1-7) Does it get any easier for the Saints than this matchup against the Rams followed by a "showdown" with the Bucs next week? The Patriots loom after that but 16-0 seems like a real possibility for New Orleans. My pick: Saints

Bucs (1-7) @ Dolphins (3-5) I'm still shocked that the Bucs knocked off the Packers last week, I thought the Pack would roll them. Any given Sunday, I guess. Not this Sunday, though. My pick: Dolphins

Lions (1-7) @ Vikings (7-1) If Detroit goes 1-15 this season, is it fair to call is a success? And, if the Vikings don't win this game by 20, is it fair to call it a success? My pick: Vikings

Jaguars (4-4) @ Jets (4-4) This "battle" of 4-4 teams is more interesting on paper than it is in reality. The Jets should be a little better than this and the Jags should be a little worse. My pick: Jets

Bills (3-5) @ Titans (2-6) The march to 10-6 will continue this week for the Titans. Don't worry, I don't really think they will win out, but they certainly are a better team now that Vince Young has taken over. Who'd have thought that? My pick: Titans

Bengals (6-2) @ Steelers (6-2) Order will be restored in the AFC North after the defending champs knock down the upstart Bengals this week. The Bengals are the real deal and they will be a playoff team but I don't think they are quite ready to take on the big boys in the AFC. My pick: Steelers

Broncos (6-2) @ Redskins (2-6) The Broncos are ripe for a fall but they won't fall as far as the Redskins already are. My pick: Broncos

Falcons (5-3) @ Panthers (3-5) Carolina has been playing better in recent weeks as they have gotten the running game going but Atlanta needs this game more as they look to solidify themselves in the playoff picture. My pick: Falcons

Chiefs (1-7) @ Raiders (2-6) With so many other good games this week is there anyone that is actually going to watch this game? Seriously, even the most die-hard Chiefs and Raiders fans have to be able to find something better to do with their lives, right? My pick: Chiefs

Eagles (5-3) @ Chargers (5-3) ARGH. How frustrating is this Eagles team? The same issues come up year after year and nothing is done to solve them. I pegged this one as a loss before the season began and I see nothing in the past few weeks from the Birds to change my mind. I hope I'm wrong. My pick: Chargers

Seahawks (3-5) @ Cardinals (5-3) The Niners will be rooting for the Seahawks to pull the Cardinals back towards the pack in the NFC West. The Cards are maddeningly inconsistent but I think they find a way to win this one at home. My pick: Cardinals

Cowboys (6-2) @ Packers (4-4) If the Eagles offensive line couldn't slow down the Cowboys pass rush, what hope do the Packers have? If Aaron Rodgers survives this season he deserves a medal for bravery. My pick: Cowboys

Sunday Night Game:

Patriots (6-2) @ Colts (8-0) No matter what team you root for, this game is always a must-watch. The entire balance of power in the AFC could shift with this contest as the Patriots play with nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Colts are banged up in the secondary, which is a scary thing against the Patriots, but I think Peyton finds a way. My pick: Colts

Monday Night Game:

Ravens (4-4) @ Browns (1-7) Sucks to be ESPN for having to televise this one. My pick: Ravens

Those are my picks for Week 10 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

1 comment:

LDUTheCoach said...

As a blog from Philadelphia you will all be pleased to hear TheCoach picked the Eagles to win this week against the can't run Chargers...

Check out full analysis @

http://www.lionsdenu.com/category/sports/nfl-guide-2009-2010/