Sunday, November 8, 2009

ESPN: Westbrook out for Sunday Night

I wish I could say I was surprised. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Brian Westbrook, who has been dealing with concussion issues since he was knocked out against the Redskins two weeks ago, will not be playing in tonight's game against the Cowboys. Schefter reports that the Eagles want to give Westbrook another week to rest and be completely free of symptoms.

This is odd news considering the Eagles have been saying all week that Westbrook was going to play. Westbrook even practiced a few days this week, a sure sign he was going to suit up. Perhaps he suffered a setback, perhaps the Eagles were just trying to bluff the Cowboys, but either way, it looks like LeSean McCoy and Leonard Weaver are going to have to handle the rock this week.

1 comment:

Justin F. said...

I'm not surprised or even disappointed. I like Shady a lot and think he is definitley the future at running back for the Eagles. I also like Weaver as a power running full back, something that the Eagles have never had in the Reid-McNabb era.